To start I just want to tell Aamir Khan & Raju Hirani -- Thank you !!!
3 Idiots is a movie that all of us dream of watching in the theatre, a movie with laughs, human emotion and a subtle story with a message ! Inspired and based out of the Chetan Bhagat's novel 5 point someone, 3 idiots is the story revolving around 3 college students and their lives. The story is narrated in flashback with 2 friends Farhaan played by Madhavan and Raju played by Sharman Joshi who are in search for their long lost friend Rancho played by Aamir Khan. Right from the word go the story is entertaining and the characters are penned nicely. Take for instance the bright student from Uganda - Chattur Ramalingam played by LA based actor Omi Vaidya or the help boy who is named Milimeter or Boman Irani who does complete justice to the role of College director Viru Sahastrabuddhe & Kareena Kapoor proves again that she is the leading lady of Bollywood with a great performance, look out for her in the Dokhla/Khakra part in the second half.
A special shout out to Sharman Joshi who delivers a solid performance in his portrayal of Raju Rastogi !
The movie has its own flaws but the flaws are easily forgettable because of the story and the comic nature of the film. The story has a subtle but great message asking us all to think if we are creatures of habit and rules who follow what the society wants us to become in our lives rather than striving for excellence in what we are actually passionate about. I do not want to tell you more about the story because I want you all to watch the movie in the theatre. Do try to book 2 shows back to back because you would love to watch it again the moment the credits start rolling. I am not sure about you but I feel that Aamir Khan is the best actor in the movie industry today.
PS: I have watched the movie twice already and would not mind to go again when I make some time ! Will own a DVD of this movie for sure when it is released.
Saturday, December 26, 2009
3 Idiots - Movie of the Year 2009 -2010 !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment